- Troubleshoot, repair and calibrate industry-related products such as scale systems, floor scales, bench scales, lab balances, truck scales etc., without assistance as skills and training permit.
- Perform calibrations and preventative maintenance duties as scheduled.
- Responsible for resolving first-line customer service issues and accurately completing documentation and related service reports.
- Participate in efforts to modernize, upgrade and convert customers' existing equipment.
- Drive test truck carrying 10,000kg of test weight and operation of overhead crane (class 3 driver's license will be an asset).
- Work to ensure an atmosphere of teamwork and participation with the dedication to the role and with a positive attitude toward obtaining team objectives;
- Troubleshoot and repair all Interweigh Systems and associated products;
- Perform system and equipment installations, calibrations and preventative maintenance duties as required;
- Ensure customer requirements are met and that work at assigned accounts is completed on time;
- Interface with sales employees to meet customer requirements and in an effort to modernize and upgrade customer’s existing equipment;
- Comply with ISO & Measurement Canada standards when required by the customer;
- Maintain productivity levels as determined by the business;
- Ensure vehicle service and maintenance requirements are met, comply with all laws while driving the vehicle;
- Comply with all company policies and procedures and Occupational Health & Safety program;
- Submit all accurate and completed paperwork daily, maintains a close professional relationship with external/internal customers;
Must be available to work overtime; overnight and out-of-province travel may be required;
Competitive wages with a comprehensive benefits package, willing to provide training.